Being a Landlord just got easier
Whatever you’re looking for, you’ll be free to enjoy life much more when you let through Country Property Agents
Call us today to email@example.com 01454 322339 or email us on
Letting your property through Country Property Agents
Protecting your assets
We recommend our Fully Managed Service to protect your Investment
Experts in Legislation
Our Lettings Team are Experienced and Fully Qualified, we are members of ARLA Propertymark, The Guild of Letting & Management and The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
Outstanding Customer Care
Our Landlords tell us they feel they and their investments are well looked after and much of our new business is brought about by recommendations from current landlords.
Letting is our Business
Country Property is a well-established and professionally qualified independent firm of Chartered Surveyors who specialise in letting and managing all types of town and country property throughout South Gloucestershire and beyond.
Our established High Street office window display encourages many potential applicants to browse our window daily for rental property. We conduct virtually all aspects of our lettings and management in house ensuring service is tailored to your needs. Our lettings and management team are knowledgeable, qualified, trained and experienced to deliver a legally compliant residential Letting and Management service, with some commercial, supplying peace of mind to discerning landlords who require a top quality service.
Our team will treat your rental property with the respect they have for their own. We know how important your property investment is. By letting your property swiftly and finding excellent quality Tenants we can help maximise your return and minimise void periods.
Why Choose Country Property?
Apart from our window display and registered applicants, properties are advertised on our own website, www.countryproperty.co.uk, on Rightmove and Zoopla. This enables us to market your property to potential tenants all over the world using accurate particulars including room sizes, floorplans – and a virtual tour can be viewed online at any time. We also use Facebook and Twitter to keep you up to date with what’s happening in the rental market.
We supply feedback and marketing reports to keep you up to date with the marketing of your property.
By using a specialist tenant referencing company we can provide you with quality tenants every time. All tenants undergo comprehensive credit checking and must provide an employers or accountants reference and previous landlord’s reference. “Right to Rent” checks are also carried out.
Tenants’ deposits are protected using The Tenancy Deposit Scheme, a statutory requirement, which provides landlords and tenants with increased protection.
Country Property can provide inventories and state and condition reports on all properties through Jade Inventories Ltd, who also carry out check-in and check-out procedures to help avoid disputes over deposits – an invaluable third party if there is any dispute.
Our established links with qualified, experienced and insured trades people ensure your property is looked after by qualified and insured professionals. It should be noted that unlike most agents we do not add commission to our contractor’s invoices.
We can offer a comprehensive package of landlords’ insurance through Pi-Property Insurance or call 01789 761660 with their insurance requirements – remember to quote Country Property.
Legal protection and rent warranty policies are available through our reference company Van Mildert.
What do I need to do to let my property?
Letting a property for the first time can be a daunting task. The statutory obligations of a Landlord can be many. Before you let your property you will need the following:
- Energy Performance Certificate (unless exempt)
- Landlord Gas Safety Certificate (if applicable)
- Electrical Installation & Condition Report
- PAT Test Certificate (if applicable)
- Legionella Risk Assessment
- Consent to let from your Mortgage provider
- Consent to let from your Insurance Company
- To be compliant with Furniture Regulations – if the property is let furnished
Country Property can deal with all these matters on your behalf. Simply contact our Office.
Full Property Management or Tenant Find Only
Property Letting and Management regulations have changed drastically in recent years, major changes took effect from 1st June 2019 which included the abolition of most tenant payable fees. We move with the times to safeguard our Landlord clients investment, interests and wellbeing, protecting them from numerous pitfalls that await them nowadays – bearing in mind there are now up to £169,000 worth of fines which can be issued to landlords for non-compliance. Our established services comprise either Fully Managed or Tenant Find Only.
Fully Managed Service
Fully Managed letting is the only way you can safeguard yourself against numerous potential pitfalls that arise out of rafts of Landlords statutory obligations, by handing over your responsibilities to professionally qualified and experienced local agents like ourselves to ensure full compliance and guidance every step of the way – both currently and in the future, whether you are a local or overseas landlord.
We charge an initial tenancy set up fee of £600 including VAT, plus 15% including VAT of the rental amount each month, subject to a minimum fee of £80 including VAT. *
Our landlords also pay Jade Inventories for their third party inventory and state and condition report and the check in and check out of your tenants. The cost of these services varies depending on the size of the property, please call us to discuss.
Our Fully Managed fee includes the following:
- Preparing a brochure, including floorplans and video tours;
- Ensure various relevant Certification is current, guiding whatever may be necessary to ensure compliance;
- Advertising the property on our own website, Rightmove and Zoopla and in our prominent High Street location;
- Conducting accompanied viewings (special arrangements including virtual viewings during lockdown).
- Preparation of the tenancy agreement and all statutory documents;
- Protecting the deposit in accordance with regulations;
- Carrying out a Right to Rent check on tenants;
- Referencing of tenants, which includes credit check, employment check, previous landlord checks (if applicable), proof of residency check, authorised occupants etc;
- Commissioning a third party Inventory and State & Condition report (essential if the landlord is to stand any chance of substantiating a claim in the event of a dispute at the end of the tenancy);
- Arranging to have the tenants checked in and checked out by the third party inventory company (essential if there is a dispute at the end of the tenancy);
- Sign the tenancy agreement on your behalf, unless you would prefer to do so;
- Advise and deal with the utility companies of the change of tenant and meter readings;
- Provide tenants with a 24 hour emergency hotline number to call us for action, and liaise with them 2 or 3 times every year to attend and inspect your property to ensure they are looking after it and to address any issues they may have, and report back to you with our findings and any recommendations to maintain or improve the property as appropriate;
- Deal with maintenance issues on your behalf (we would always advise you before taking action, unless an emergency and we could not contact you), using either your own or one of our team of qualified, fully insured and vetted workman who can deal with just about any maintenance issues in a timely manner and at a competitive price, without any additional commission charge on our part;
- Collect rent for you, promptly transferring the funds net of our fee monthly directly into your nominated bank account;
- Provide you with invoices and statements for your accountant to assist annual tax assessments;
- Keep up to date with any legislation changes regarding the letting of your property and we ensure that you and your property stay compliant;
- Deal with rent reviews and increases;
- Deal with any rent arrears (which are rare in our experience with our systems and safeguards in place);
- Liaise with the tenants regarding any dilapidations and any subsequent disputes at the end of the tenancy.
- Provide a landlord reference, if requested.
We are an independent agency, so it is very important to us that we find you the right tenant, not the first person who indicates that they would like to take up the tenancy, we are fully qualified (by choice, as it is not yet a legal requirement) and have access to 24 hour legal advice lines through our professional bodies should we need this.
Our Fully Managed service costs the equivalent of a takeout coffee per day, which we hope you will agree is a small price to ensure that you stay legally compliant, your tenants stay safe and your property is maintained properly.
Tenant Find Only Service
Our Tenant Find Only service is aimed at the experienced landlord who is not only up to date with all current and forthcoming Statutory issues that apply to Landlords and to their rented property, but also has the time to deal with managing the property themselves.
Our ‘Tenant Find Only’ service includes items 1 to 8 above.
The cost of this service is 15% inc VAT of the rental amount multiplied by the term of the initial tenancy, subject to a minimum of £600 inc VAT.
* See our full list of Landlord Fees here
Talk to us today about our Fully Managed and Tenant Find Only options.
Good to Know
Redress Scheme – The Country Property Agents are members of The Property Ombudsman, Membership Number R00190 – Click here to view certificate
Country Property Agents are members of ARLA Propertymark, The Guild of Letting & Management and ALL of our Lettings Team are Fully Qualified.
Client Money Protection Scheme – The Country Property Agents are members of RICS, Membership Number 028892, bonded under RICS Client Money Scheme for Property Agents, certificate available here.
Ready to Let?
First Time Landlord
If the prospect of becoming a landlord is a little daunting and you’re not sure where to start, don’t worry we are here to help you every step of the way, a simple conversation with the friendly knowledgeable team here will point you in the right direction.
We can offer our Fully Managed Service to lighten your load meaning that you need not worry about keeping up to date with all the legislation changes affecting the Letting of your property, just sit back in the knowledge that your investment is being well looked after by professionals. Alternatively, you may decide to use our Tenant Find Only service.
If you own a rental property in the UK but live abroad our Fully Managed Service is the only way to ensure that your property is being looked after. We keep in touch with our Overseas Landlords, of which we have many, by email and video call if preferred and can help you comply with the Non-Resident Landlords tax scheme too.